Tooth-colored filling is an ideal choice to repair damaged teeth from tooth decay, especially for teeth that are visible when a patient smiles because the resin material matches the color of the natural teeth.
- First, eliminate dead tissue and clean the tooth
- Dentist places the filling and shapes the tooth appropriately
- Laser-set the filling
Tooth-colored filling may not be ideal for teeth that require large fillings as they may chip or wear in the long run. Composite filling are also not as resistant as other materials from coffee, tea, or tobacco stains.
Benefits of Dental Fillings
- Replaces lost dentin and restores teeth to its original shape.
- Helps prevent cavities from spreading, and from bacteria entering by closing cracks found on the tooth.
- Improves the appearance of teeth, such as closing gaps between teeth and reshaping teeth