Teeth whitening treatment is one of the most popular treatment in improving the appearance of teeth. We use high quality whitening solutions and advanced technology to whiten even sensitive teeth. It whitens teeth fast and easy.
Types of Whitening System
Zoom whitening system is the leading choice all around the world in solving teeth’s unsightly discoloration. It has a brighter white effect that lasts longer and with less fade back.
Doctor Smile Laser whitening
We use powerful, high performance light that emits low heat. The laser beam is released in short intervals, which is good for patient’s teeth and gums. The entire treatment takes 45 minutes.
Cool Light Teeth Whitening
The whitening gel is activated using LED-Cool Light. The soft light blue ray emits no heat. It is released through a curved line, designed to reaching the actual alignment of teeth. The whitening gel is activated onto the teeth enamel as the light penetrates thoroughly. Treatment takes one hour or less.
Take Home Whitening
The whitening kit includes individual whitening trays and a less concentrated whitening gel, formulated to be used suitably at home. The patient must come to the clinic for the dental impression of teeth to customize trays. The gel is placed on the customized tray and worn while sleeping for at least 6 hours. The treatment takes at least two weeks.
Causes of Yellow Teeth
There are several factors that cause white teeth to turn yellow in color. It could be because of aging, food or beverages; such as coffee, tea, tobacco, food color, colored fruit color, or even medicines such as antibiotics. Tooth decay or trauma received from an accident may also cause discoloration of teeth. Diseases caused by dentin, and the accumulation of plaque and tartar due to poor oral hygiene is also another factor.
Teeth Whitening treatment can be highly effective, but post-treatment care is very important to ensure that the effectiveness lasts longer. Depending on a patient’s lifestyle and personal hygiene, the whitening effect can last for up to 2 years. The following, are some suggestions how you can take care of your teeth, preventing it from discoloration
- Avoid foods that cause dental plaque and discoloration on teeth whitening within 24-48 hours after treatment; such as tea, coffee, soft drinks, wine, foods containing turmeric, food with chili paste, juice and citrus fruits, durian, mango, pumpkin, jack fruit, including the antibiotic Oxytetracycline Ultra.
- If you are a smoker, refrain from smoking for at least one week after whitening.
- Avoid too hot and too cold food or drinks. This will help reduce the risk of tooth sensitivity. Tooth sensitivity is normal after treatment because of teeth enamel dehydration. If symptom persists, take painkillers and apply toothpaste on the sensitive tooth to reduce tooth sensitivity. Tooth sensitivity and usually disappear within 1-2 days, but if you have sensitive teeth for longer period of time, see a doctor immediately.
- Avoid brushing your teeth with toothpaste after 24-48 hours of teeth whitening treatment, because the whitening process is still continuously taking effect, in order to reach its maximum whitening effect. .
- Brush your teeth properly, at least 2 times a day and use dental floss. To help remove stains on the teeth thoroughly.
- You should visit the dentist every six months for a routine checkup.