Uneven, chipped or discolored tooth can be the cause some to lose confidence in their smile. Porcelain Veneer is the best solution to this problem. Porcelain or ceramic veneers closely mimics natural teeth. It is high resistant from scratches, and breakage. It does not become porous overtime and it does not absorb water and stains from coffee, tea, soft drinks or from smoking. It does not irritate the surrounding tissue.
1st appointment visit
- Numb tooth using local anesthetic, after which tooth is roughened and shaped to remove some of enamel.
- Next,impression is taken
- Temporary veneer is placed to protect the tooth until the customized veneer is finished.
2nd appointment visit
- Fitting of the customized veneer
- Re-check shape and color, and overall look for any adjustment
- If everything is good, veneer is bonded permanently
Avoid eating sticky, chewy and brittle foods like gum, caramels, and candies, ice cubes or even biting fingernails. Maintain good oral hygiene, brush at least twice a day and floss as often as possible and a regular visit to the dentist.
Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
- Closes gaps between teeth
- Straighten teeth alignment
- Improves teeth color and shape
- Repair chipped or misshapen teeth
- can cover tetracycline stains and other discolorations