Dental crown is one type of dental restoration. It is a fixed prosthetic device used to completely cover and prevent teeth from undergoing further decay and restore teeth’s health by improving the strength and appearance of teeth. Other terms used to refer to dental crown are “dental cap” and “tooth cap.”
Dental crowns can be made out of porcelain or ceramic, metal; such as gold, silver, titanium, palladium and other metal alloy, or a combination of both.
Dental bridges are the false teeth fixed to the adjacent natural teeth. It is a fixed restorative treatment used to replace one or more missing teeth to improve patient’s appearance, improve patient’s bite and speech. Dental Bridge also helps prevent other teeth from shifting and weakening. It is also a better alternative to wearing partial dentures, and eliminates the worries and embarrassment of falling off denture.
Benefits of Dental Crown/Bridge
- Prevent teeth from further weakening and breaking
- Restore fractured tooth
- Improves bite and speaking
- Restore teeth with large holes when dental filling is no longer possible.
- Protects tooth that has undergone root canal treatment
- Prevents shifting of existing teeth
- Improve appearance of discolored tooth
- Eliminate worries and embarrassment from falling off denture